(269) 641-5923

Building Department Staff

  • Building Inspector, Joe Wickey (269)816-4951
  • Electrical Inspector, Ron Bellaire (269) 663-3429
  • Mechanical/Plumbing Inspector, John Dobberteen (269) 651-4567
  • Zoning Administrator, Leroy Krempec (574) 292-0820
    (by appointment & Thursdays from 10:00am to 4:00pm at Mason Township Hall)

Get Adobe Reader Icon


You need  Adobe Reader to open and download permit applications, forms. Click on the Adobe Reader Icon to download Adobe Reader to your computer. When the Adobe window opens uncheck the optional offer from McCafee to scan your computer, then click the “Install Now” button. It will not take more than a minute to install.

Building Permit Applications

Zoning Permit Information (2 pages)

Building Permit Application (6 pages)
Not valid unless Zoning Permit is attached! Must see Zoning Administrator for a zoning permit.

Plumbing Permit Application (2 pages)

Electrical Permit Application (3 pages)

Mechanical Permit Application (2 pages)
Includes: Heating, Boiler, Water Heater, Chimney, Air Conditioner, Heat Pump, Bath/Kitchen Exhaust, Tanks, Humidifiers, Piping, Ductwork, Etc.

Building Department Permits

The Zoning Administrator and the Building Department inspectors for Electrical, Plumbing, and Mechanical are to be called by phone to initiate any action for a permit. The Zoning Administrator holds office hours on Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.. The Building Inspector has to be called to make an appointment.

Section 23a of the state construction code act of 1972, act no. 230 of the Public Acts of 1972, being section 125.1523a of the Michigan Compiled Laws, prohibits a person from conspiring to circumvent the licensing requirements of this state relating to persons who are to perform work on a residential building or a residential structure. Violators of section 23a are subject to civil fines.

Residents considering a carport or shed are reminded that prior to the placement of carports or sheds you MUST have an approved Zoning Application from the Zoning Administrator, and MUST also obtain a building permit prior to erecting carports or sheds. Be aware that carports and sheds will be assessed on your property taxes. If you have any questions feel free to contact the following officials. These people hold full-time jobs elsewhere so please leave a number where you can be reached during the evening. They will return your call.