Mason Township Board Meeting – Regular Meeting – May 12, 2015
Supervisor Brandt called the meeting to order at 7:00pm and the pledge of allegiance was said.
Roll call: Trustee Allen, Treasurer Chew, Clerk Dull, Supervisor Brandt, and Trustee Myer.
Trustee Allen made the motion to approve the agenda, seconded by Treasurer Chew. Motion carried.
Guests were welcomed by Supervisor Brandt. Sewer update – the sewer board will have one opening soon.
Also, less chemicals are being used which is lowering the cost. The sewer board is progressing very well.
The Board thanked Linda Gibbs for her many years of service as Township Clerk and Deputy Clerk. Thank you Linda and enjoy your retirement.
Trustee Myer made the motion to approve the consent agenda, seconded by Trustee Allen. Roll call vote: 5 yeas, 0 nays. Motion carried.
Commissioner Marchetti and Commissioner Dyes reported Household Hazardous Waste Collection will be Saturday, May 16, 2015, 9am – Noon, at the Cass County Fairgrounds. The County Clerk’s office will receive a climate control system for the vault that holds all the old, fragile documents. There is an intergovernmental agreement with other counties using new software for selection of jurors.
Zoning Administrator Krempec reported a lot of inquiries of zoning issues.
Ordinance Officer Montgomery has six new cases to work on.
Assessor – Dianna McGrew presented the L 4029 form for board signatures.
Planning Commission – Chairman Sutton reported there will be a public hearing on June 16 for the Master Plan. Also, a new member is needed when Lisa Munoz moves out of the township.
SEPSA report – MasonTwp. had 8 EMT calls and 2 fires in April.
Building Dept. report – 6 building permits, 3 electrical permits, 2 mechanical and 2 building permits.
- Commissioner Marchatti gave a report on the Essential Code Library at Cass County Library in Cassopolis. She should know soon if this is mandatory for each government unit.
- The Animal Ordinance was send back to the Planning Commission.
- Ackerson Letter – tabled
- Supervisor Brandt made the motion to appoint the Zoning Administrator as representative for the Township Board to the Planning Commission to make zoning changes. Seconded by Trustee Myer.
- Roll call vote – Chew-yes, Allen-yes, Myer-yes, Dull-yes and Brandt-yes. 5 yeas, 0 nays, motion carried.
- Supervisor Brandt made the motion to accept the contract from Joy’s John for a monthly fee of $99, seconded by Trustee Allen. Roll call vote – Allen – yes, Myer-yes, Chew-yes, Dull- yes and Brandt-yes. 5 yeas, 0 nays, motion carried.
Correspondence: Email from Shawn Brown concerning Clean-up day. There was discussion about the day, reason for changing date, flyers or notices, how to publicize clean-up day.
Meeting adjourned at 8:20pm.
Dates: Planning Commission – no May meeting
Mason Township Board – June 9, 7:00pm