March 2015 Meeting Minutes
Mason Township Board Meeting – Regular Meeting – March 10, 2015 (click here to print)
Supervisor Brandt called the meeting to order at 7:00pm and the pledge of allegiance was said.
Roll call: Trustee Allen, Trustee Myer, Treasurer Chew, Clerk Dull, and Supervisor Brandt.
Trustee Myer made the motion to approve the agenda with the addition to new business – DSAS, seconded by Treasurer Chew. Motion carried.
Guests were welcomed by Supervisor Brandt. No public comments.
Supervisor Brandt reported on the Waste water commission.
Trustee Allen made the motion to approve the consent agenda, seconded by Trustee Myers. Roll call vote: 5 yeas, 0 nays. Motion carried.
Commissioner Marchetti reported Household Hazardous Waste Collection will be Saturday, May 16, 2015, 9am – Noon, at the Cass County Fairgrounds. Also, the Board of Commissions purchased 26 acres next to Lawless Park.
Zoning Administrator Krempec reported house sales in Mason Township. He is also looking into ag land being sold as rural residential.
Ordinance Officer Montgomery reported no new cases.
Assessor – Dianna McGrew reported Board of Review hours – March 13, 3-9pm.
Planning Commission- Chairman Sutton reported The Master plan will be done soon. They approved KT Garage business permit.
SEPSA report – MasonTwp. had 23 EMT and Fire Calls in February. Chief Holderman asked the township board to help cover the costs to supply the ambulance with necessary supplies for the paramedics.
Building Dept. report – 1 electrical permit.
No Ongoing Business:
- Trustee Allen made the motion to accept the road contracts for Wayne St., Tharp Lake Rd., and Grange St., total $104,871.46. Dust control $5,389.56 for 3.96 miles. Seconded by Trustee Myers. Roll call vote – Chew-yes, Allen-yes, Myers-yes, Dull-yes, Brandt-yes. Motion carried.
- The board decided to table the decision on the State construction code library until a later date.
- Trustee Myers made the motion to table the animal ordinance, seconded by Treasurer Chew. Roll call vote – Allen-yes, Myers-yes, Chew-yes, Dull-yes, and Brandt-yes. Motion carried.
- We will hold a work session in the future to update the cemetery ordinance.
- Trustee Myers made the motion to approve $668. the Domestic and Sexual Abuse Services for the 2014-2015 year contract. Seconded by Treasurer Chew. Roll call vote – Allen-yes, Myers-yes, Chew-yes, Dull-yes, and Brandt-yes. Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:15pm.
Dates: Board of Review –March 13, 3-9pm
Planning Commission – March 17, 6:30pm
Mason Township Board – April 14, 7:00pm
Meeting adjourned at 8:20pm.
Comments are closed