April 2015 Meeting Minutes
Mason Township Board Meeting – Regular Meeting – April 14, 2015 (click here to print)
Supervisor Brandt called the meeting to order at 7:00pm and the pledge of allegiance was said.
Roll call: Trustee Allen, Treasurer Chew, Clerk Dull, Supervisor Brandt, Trustee Myer was absent.
Trustee Allen made the motion to approve the agenda, seconded by Treasurer Chew. Motion carried.
Guests were welcomed by Supervisor Brandt. No public comments.
Trustee Allen made the motion to approve the consent agenda, seconded by Treasurer Chew. Roll call vote: 4 yeas, 0 nays. Motion carried.
Commissioner Marchetti and Commissioner Dyes reported Household Hazardous Waste Collection will be Saturday, May 16, 2015, 9am – Noon, at the Cass County Fairgrounds. Correction Dept. will be moving into the old Health Dept. Bldg. Rowe St advisors will hold a meeting with the Commissioners in May. Commissioner Marchetti reported the Construction Code Library has 20 units of government interesting in joining.
Zoning Administrator Krempec reported he has been looking into Section 8 HUD concerning Rental Housing. He has concerns with Teter Trail.
Ordinance Officer Montgomery was not in attendance.
Assessor – Dianna McGrew reported waiting for State Equalization report.
Planning Commission- Chairman Sutton was not in attendance.
SEPSA report – MasonTwp. had 11 EMT calls in March.
Building Dept. report – 3 electrical permits and 1 building permit.
- Commissioner Marchatti gave a report on the Essential Code Library at Cass County Library in Cassopolis. No action taken because this is not mandatory as of this date.
- The Animal Ordinance was tabled.
- Supervisor Brandt made the motion to approve the policy to pay the Planning Commissioner’s annually. Motion was seconded by Treasurer Chew. Roll call vote – Trustee Allen – yes, Treasurer Chew – yes, Clerk Dull – yes, and Supervisor Brandt – yes, Motion carried.
- Work session for the Cemetery Ordinance was tabled.
- Clerk Dull made the motion to purchase 2 park benches with a price of $529 each, seconded by
- Supervisor Brandt. Roll call vote – Treasurer Chew – yes, Trustee Allen- yes, Clerk Dull-yes, and Supervisor Brandt – yes. Motion carried.
- Trustee Allen made the motion to approve the year-end budget adjustment of $13,361. Seconded by Supervisor Brandt. Roll call vote – Clerk Dull – yes, Trustee Allen – yes, Supervisor Brandt – yes, and Treasurer Chew – yes. Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:15pm.
Dates: Special Election – May 5, 7am – 8pm
Planning Commission – April 21, 6:30pm
Mason Township Board – May 12, 7:00pm
Comments are closed